Modern Web Accessibility: Revisiting fundamentals and looking at new challenges
January 19st, 2017. 2:00pm to 3:30pm Eastern Time
The webinar will be both a refresher course on tried and true accessibility techniques as well as a fresh look at web accessibility challenges facing today’s web design requirements. While awareness of web accessibility is increasing, it can often be an overwhelming thing to implement. This webinar will provide an overview of web accessibility with specific things that you can begin to implement today. It will also provide an overview of tools and resources for evaluating your site's current accessibility.
Jared Smith Associate Director of WebAIM
Please register online.
Your 5 Top FAQs
- What is the Status of the Section 508 Standards and Guidelines Refresh?
- What is accessible electronic & information technology?
- What is assistive technology?
- Increasing the accessibility of technology in your business
- How does accessible web design benefit all web users?
Search our site for more answers to your questions by entering keywords in the Search field below:
Accessible IT Makes Good Business Sense
- Smart companies understand that many of their customers and employees have evident and hidden sensory, learning, and physical impairments.
- Ensuring that employees, customers and consumers can participate equally in society promotes independence and empowerment.
- Providing employees with appropriate technology enhances productivity, improves morale and increases loyalty
- Removing barriers that prevent consumers from accessing products and services, through the use of accessible or assistive technology, ensures higher sales and increased revenue.
Who We Serve
We serve all areas in the United States including U.S. territories.
- Provide information, problem solving assistance, and referrals for implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Accessible Information Technology.
- Conduct outreach and region-wide dissemination of newsletters and materials to the business community.