Accessibility 101: An ingredient in the recipe, not an addition for afterwards
September 21st, 2017. 2:00pm to 3:30pm Eastern Time
Just as you would not wait until after baking a cake to add the eggs, you should not wait until after a project to include accessibility. This presentation will touch on the laws and some basic accessibility points that should be included in your development recipe whether it is a website, documents, or application. Whether you are new to accessibility or been “baking” for years, this is a session for all!
Christy Blew IT Accessibility Specialist in Minnesota’s Office of Accessibility
and Jay Wyant Chief Information Accessibility Officer at University Of Illinois At Urbana Champaign
Please register online.
Your 5 Top FAQs
- What is the Status of the Section 508 Standards and Guidelines Refresh?
- What is accessible electronic & information technology?
- What is assistive technology?
- Increasing the accessibility of technology in your business
- How does accessible web design benefit all web users?
Search our site for more answers to your questions by entering keywords in the Search field below:
Accessible IT Makes Good Business Sense
- Smart companies understand that many of their customers and employees have evident and hidden sensory, learning, and physical impairments.
- Ensuring that employees, customers and consumers can participate equally in society promotes independence and empowerment.
- Providing employees with appropriate technology enhances productivity, improves morale and increases loyalty
- Removing barriers that prevent consumers from accessing products and services, through the use of accessible or assistive technology, ensures higher sales and increased revenue.
Who We Serve
We serve all areas in the United States including U.S. territories.
- Provide information, problem solving assistance, and referrals for implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Accessible Information Technology.
- Conduct outreach and region-wide dissemination of newsletters and materials to the business community.