What is Speech Recognition Software, How it is Used, and What you Should Know About When Authoring Web Content
March 19th, 2015. 1.00pm to 2.30pm Central Time
This presentation will describe what speech recognition is and the people who use and benefit from speech recognition. It will cover what is available on different platforms such as Windows, Mac, and mobile platforms. Sample demonstration of speech recognition will be provided and a review of designing websites for use with speech recognition will be provided. This review will include what to know about speech recognition and the Accessible Rich Internet Applications Specification (ARIA). Follow-up resources will also be provided and questions will be taken.
Jonathan Avila, Chief Accessibility Officer, SSB
Please register online.
Your 5 Top FAQs
- What is the Status of the Section 508 Standards and Guidelines Refresh?
- What is accessible electronic & information technology?
- What is assistive technology?
- Increasing the accessibility of technology in your business
- How does accessible web design benefit all web users?
Search our site for more answers to your questions by entering keywords in the Search field below:
Accessible IT Makes Good Business Sense
- Smart companies understand that many of their customers and employees have evident and hidden sensory, learning, and physical impairments.
- Ensuring that employees, customers and consumers can participate equally in society promotes independence and empowerment.
- Providing employees with appropriate technology enhances productivity, improves morale and increases loyalty
- Removing barriers that prevent consumers from accessing products and services, through the use of accessible or assistive technology, ensures higher sales and increased revenue.
Who We Serve
We serve all areas in the United States including U.S. territories.
- Provide information, problem solving assistance, and referrals for implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Accessible Information Technology.
- Conduct outreach and region-wide dissemination of newsletters and materials to the business community.