The Importance of Accessibility in Disability Employment
May 19th, 2016. 1:00pm to 2:30pm Central Time
This session will discuss ongoing research around job seeker challenges and frustrations when applying for positions on non-accessible websites. In order to assist with the hiring of job seekers with disabilities. GettingHired has developed both technological and personal outreach programs to highlight job seekers to inclusive employers, while also advising our employer partners on best practices for successfully hiring job seekers with disabilities.
Gabrielle Nagle Community Marketing Specialist, GettingHired.com.
Please register online.
Your 5 Top FAQs
- What is the Status of the Section 508 Standards and Guidelines Refresh?
- What is accessible electronic & information technology?
- What is assistive technology?
- Increasing the accessibility of technology in your business
- How does accessible web design benefit all web users?
Search our site for more answers to your questions by entering keywords in the Search field below:
Accessible IT Makes Good Business Sense
- Smart companies understand that many of their customers and employees have evident and hidden sensory, learning, and physical impairments.
- Ensuring that employees, customers and consumers can participate equally in society promotes independence and empowerment.
- Providing employees with appropriate technology enhances productivity, improves morale and increases loyalty
- Removing barriers that prevent consumers from accessing products and services, through the use of accessible or assistive technology, ensures higher sales and increased revenue.
Who We Serve
We serve all areas in the United States including U.S. territories.
- Provide information, problem solving assistance, and referrals for implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Accessible Information Technology.
- Conduct outreach and region-wide dissemination of newsletters and materials to the business community.